Thursday, June 29, 2006

Closer To Home


I just left a piece of art this afternoon at the Culleoka Store. I left it on the window sill of the shop that is for sale. This photo was on the piece with a hand colored mat. I took this photo just in time. A couple of days later they had mowed the grass around and under the truck and the elder flowers are turning to berries. I love the blue of the truck. I changed the photo to black and white and hand colored it to make it more subtle. I try to look for scenes as I drive to town that would make good subjects.
Enjoy every second of summer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ashleyshea said...

What a great photo! I bring my camera with me on my way to work, too. I haven't created artwork with my photos yet. Now that I think about it, it would be fun to leave a piece of artwork near a place where I took a photo. During the summer, it might be a great find for a tourist. Thanks for the inspiration!

4:51 PM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

I like what you did, the idea of photos from around the area being left in the same area. really nice pic too.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

the photo is real nice :)

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very fortunate your timing was
so perect! That was more than Luck I am sure you know! Your photo captures the very essence of Culleoka doesn't it? Beautiful workmanwhip!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home